sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] unable to install sourcemage (no root)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David C. Haley" <dhaley AT tamsco.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] unable to install sourcemage (no root)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:55:20 +0300

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:02 +0200
Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org> wrote:

<snip>

> FireWire is not in the ISO kernel. If you wish to have it, please fill a
> bug (http://bugs.sourcemage.org) and tell us what kernel options (in
> .config) are needed to make it work.

Below is all things I found in my kernel.config regarding firewire. The top
obviously is the required support that has to be turned on regardless, the
other options and options adn drivers that go along with it.

As a side note, just to remind those looking at this, for:
CONFIG_IEEE1394_OHCI1394=y
to function correctly I2C must also be enabled in teh kernel.

CONFIG_IEEE1394=y
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_VERBOSEDEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_OUI_DB is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXTRA_CONFIG_ROMS is not set
CONFIG_IEEE1394_OHCI1394=y
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_VIDEO1394 is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_SBP2 is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394 is not set