sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] glibc problem?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <george AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] glibc problem?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:18:34 -0500

I am not entirely sure if this problem is due to the glibc update, but
it happened on the first reboot after the update. The boot aborts with
the following error during mountall.sh:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0805aea8 ***

This is happening during
mount -f -o remount,rw /

Right now I am running the system with this line commented out. I
believe the only problem is that mtab does not show / mounted since this
is a "fake" mount to include / in mtab. Everything else seems to work
great. I have rebuilt util-linux and am in the process of rebuilding
glibc.

This system has had sourcemage/sorcerer installed since about FEB 2002.
My guess is the number of updates on this system is contributing to the
error. Although I have no proof of this. I don't have any problems on
a system installed from the latest test ISO.

This email is mostly for information and on the off chance that some one
else runs into the same problem. Unless of course some one has a
solution. :)

George Sherwood
SMGL ChatGuru