sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Meeting Planning

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Kowis" <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Meeting Planning
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:48:07 -0600 (CST)

<quote who="Benoit PAPILLAULT">
>> Also I think some people have brought this up, not sure who exactly but
>> having periodically generated testing iso's available would be helpful.
>> That way for a period of time the rest of us developers and friends can
>> try it out to verify our bugfixes before publishing a major stable iso.
>> I for one volunteer to try them out each period (within reason :))
>> and give some feedback.
>
> That would be good. We can do that on a monthly bassis for instance (my
> upload bandwidth is quite limited).

If these ISO generations can be completely automated, I've got a pretty
good upload (1Mbit) and I would be willing to do it. I run my own
webserver so I could provide some small amount of hosting. Perhaps as a
backup or something.

>> It might even be feasable to do those periodic iso generations on our
>> mirror or at least on a machine all the iso team members have access
>> to with reasonable bandwidth. It might make collaboration a little
>> easier.
>
> Yes. That would solve the bandwidth problem. However, it requires a lot
> of things and especially root access. Who/where can host that stuff?

</quote>

--
One login to rule them all, one login to find them. One login to bring
them all, and in the web bind them.