sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] module-init-tools problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] module-init-tools problem
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:54:12 -0500

I'm having a problem with casting module-init-tools using the 2.6.7, the 2.6.6, and the 2.6.4 kernel. When cast, it reaches the point where the init script is installed, then I recieve a bunch of errors which all read:

depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

when I look around on for information about that error, the response is always the same, "install module-init-tools."

I've tried both the current version and the previous 3.0 version of module-init-tools, both fail the same way now.

What do I need to do to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Geoff