sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [Fwd:] Re: Source Mage GNU/Linux

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [Fwd:] Re: Source Mage GNU/Linux
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:38:30 -0700

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:24:29PM -0700, Andrew wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:37:31PM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> > Might we just have a DISTRIBUTABLE[0]=no variable in details only for
> > those spell files that aren't? Summon could pick up on this and 400 the
> > source file automatically. This seems the most natural because the
> > permissions would be more "truthful". If I have a public shell server,
> > for example, I wouldn't want somebody getting access to the file just
> > because summon isn't smart enough.
> >
> > Also where does summon put the files before it is completely downloaded
> > and what permissions are given the temporary file?
> >

> Okay if you really think its necessary, file a bug and I'll get to it.
> Someone will of course need to set this distributable flag on all spells
> that need it set to no.
>
> The files usually get downloaded to /tmp although im not 100% certain
> of that for all url handlers. The mechanism is that the url handler
> downloads the file wherever it wants and then sets FILE to whatever that
> was, then libdownload goes and puts it in the right name and place.

If you'd rather I made the change, I think I can manage it, since it's
really for me. I think this is the first z-rejected spell where the
binary is download restricted, I know j2sdk's source is, for practical
purposes, download restricted as well.

Seth

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org