sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [Fwd:] Re: Source Mage GNU/Linux

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [Fwd:] Re: Source Mage GNU/Linux
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:24:29 -0700

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:37:31PM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> Might we just have a DISTRIBUTABLE[0]=no variable in details only for
> those spell files that aren't? Summon could pick up on this and 400 the
> source file automatically. This seems the most natural because the
> permissions would be more "truthful". If I have a public shell server,
> for example, I wouldn't want somebody getting access to the file just
> because summon isn't smart enough.
>
> Also where does summon put the files before it is completely downloaded
> and what permissions are given the temporary file?

Okay if you really think its necessary, file a bug and I'll get to it.
Someone will of course need to set this distributable flag on all spells
that need it set to no.

The files usually get downloaded to /tmp although im not 100% certain
of that for all url handlers. The mechanism is that the url handler
downloads the file wherever it wants and then sets FILE to whatever that
was, then libdownload goes and puts it in the right name and place.

-Andrew