sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Donations

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Justin Rocha (Xenith)" <xenith AT xenith.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Donations
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:01:42 -0800

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 04:26:27PM -0800, in the study, with the lead pipe,
Eric Sandall wrote:
> It was mentioned on IRC to me a while ago that it'd be nice to have a way to
> donate money to SMGL, but there's no (current) way to do it. I believe we've
> looked into it in the past (well, becoming a non-profit), how has that
> progressed? What else do we need? What method would we use to collect
> donations
> (PayPal was mentioned)? Where will the money go? Who would be in charge of
> the
> money?
>
> Anything else I missed? Good idea? Bad idea?
A long long time ago in a galaxy surprisingly close, we were looking into
becomming a 501(c). Ryan was working on it, but he didn't get around to doing
much before he left us.

There are a few people (Seth for one, I believe) who are experienced in the
non-profit process, so I'd suggest talking to them (him) about what's needed.

Setting up a non-profit organization is a good idea, I think. As to who would
control the money, the board-elected treasurer. :)
--
Justin Rocha KG6SGU
-Xenith || xenith AT xenith.org || http://xenith.org/

Source Mage GNU/Linux -> http://www.sourcemage.org/

  • [SM-Discuss] Donations, Eric Sandall, 03/30/2004
    • Re: [SM-Discuss] Donations, Justin Rocha (Xenith), 03/30/2004