sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xmms-weasel spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xmms-weasel spell
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:52:24 +0200

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:45:34AM +1200, Duane Malcolm wrote:
> >I did this[0] with the WorldForge[1] packages, though it didn't turn out
> >how I
> >was thinking (they wanted the packaging version, so I told them it was
> >written
> >for Sorcery 1.3), but they are just .tar.bz2 files as the extension (which
> >is
> >what our "extension" probably should stay). I'm all for submitting them to
> >package authors if they want them, but there's little to know point in them
> >actually hosting the spell as it's likely more up-to-date if it's in our
> >grimoire (don't forget to post your spell to bugs.sourcemage.org for
> >inclusion
> >;)).
> Is there any problem with me checking out devel/audio-plugins and
> test/audio-plugins and submitting the spell myself?

Adding new spells is always ok :)

Submitting to the original program authors doesn't make much sense imho,
though you could tell them that we have it in our grimoire. I did that
with tvtime when i wrote the spell, and the author was very interested
in it, cross checked its dependencies and stuff (and mentions us on his
website [1] :)

[1] http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/downloads.php