sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cast xfree86 won't quite finish up...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Marc Greene <marcg AT phreaker.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cast xfree86 won't quite finish up...
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:33:53 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:

> > Also, I had to copy the xdm script in .../x11-libs/xfree86/init.d to
> > xdm.sh to keep the cast from complaining that it couldn't find the
> > xdm.sh file and no RUNLEVEL variable being set (sorry, I forgot to copy
> > the exact error and I prolly should have mv'd it instead of cp'ing, oh
> > well). A bug maybe?
>
> The init script was named xdm.sh a long time ago, but was renamed for
> lsb compliance. Maybe the configuration on your system still thought it
> was named like that, although i don't know why it would, since the init
> script installation/configuration was changed quite a bit since that
> rename happened.

After sorcery was patched to fix the slow archive creation I was getting,
I cast xfree86 again, this time I left the xdm in the init.d directory
alone, and I got this message:

--
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc.bld'
Installing xdm to runlevel 5...

My box is almost completely up to date now (test grimoire, devel
sorcery), so I don't know why this problem would be specific to my
system. The cast did finish successfully though, and I don't use xdm
anyway :)

Thanks for the help, you guys rock!

Marc