sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] List etiquette

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ricardo Izquierdo" <odracir_redwolf AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] List etiquette
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:24:23 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:23:46 -0800
To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>

> Quoting Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.kun.nl>:
> > On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:59:10PM -0600, Geoffrey Derber wrote:
> > > Maybe we should set our own rules.
> >
> > ... and then again, mayb we shouldn't ;-)
> >
> > A lot has been written on the topic of netiquette. We *could* of course
> > opt
> > for using the 'rules' described in section 6 of [1], which is a nice read
> > by
> > the way :-)
> >
> > just-my-five-cents'ly yours,
> >
> > Bas
> >

> > [1] http://www.albion.com/netiquette/book/index.html
>
> I like standards. ;) I'll give it a read and see how close it is to what I
> think it should be. :)
>
> However, having our own wouldn't be a bad idea, as ours would most likely be
> quite short, perhaps a few paragraphs, and with brevity comes more readers,
> as
> people are inherently lazy. ;)
>
> -sandalle

I agree with you Eric, we can set our own etiquette about using the mailing
lists. As you said the standars are ok, but what the F.S. give to us is the
ability to break those and make owr owns in some issues, like our own
etiquette in the mailing lists. But this issue has to be settle by you and
the other Archwizards.

Odracir Redwolf