sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif/lesstif

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif/lesstif
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:29:18 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> openmotif is in x11 section and lesstif is in libs section. I think lesstif
> should
> go to X11 section too.
> lesstif does not content CONFLICTS file (conflicts openmmotif). May I
> correct it ?

Talk to Justin (Xenith) before moving it in, as he's now the guru of
x11*, but I think it would be fine to do so.

> I think both provides motif is good.
>
> What about change all GenericDependences
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=GenericDependences to capitals.
> We should prefer spell names in lowercases and generic dependences in
> capitals,
> IMHO.
> So, better is "provides MOTIF".

I'm usually against uppercase, but in this case (sic) I agree,
especially if we lay down the law and say all spell names should be
lowercase (thoughts?), then we could have all provides uppercase, thus
we would not have to worry about a provider and spell having the same
name.

> "requires" is deprecated in devel sorcery:
> depends = requires + depends
> optional_depends = optional_depends + "optional_requires"
>
> So, we could know by name if it is a spell name or generic dependence.
>
> - lace -

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61