sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif/lesstif

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] openmotif/lesstif
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:49:11 +0200

> > If a spell like nedit or grace "requires" either openmotif or lesstif,
> > how do I get this setup and what should the "requires ????" be, "tif"?
>
> Probably call the provides 'motif', as that's what widget/gui they're
> trying to
> provide. I haven't tried nedit in a long time (vim is all I need to keep me
> company late at night fixing bugz).

openmotif is in x11 section and lesstif is in libs section. I think lesstif
should
go to X11 section too.
lesstif does not content CONFLICTS file (conflicts openmmotif). May I correct
it ?

I think both provides motif is good.

What about change all GenericDependences
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=GenericDependences to capitals.
We should prefer spell names in lowercases and generic dependences in
capitals,
IMHO.
So, better is "provides MOTIF".

"requires" is deprecated in devel sorcery:
depends = requires + depends
optional_depends = optional_depends + "optional_requires"

So, we could know by name if it is a spell name or generic dependence.

- lace -