sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Interesting Read

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Interesting Read
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:05:31 -0700 (PDT)

Derek Moyes said:
> Anyone who was around for the Sorcerer / SourceMage Linux split may want
to read
> this. It's well written, and clearly illustrates some of the points
(arguments?)
> our group made when it forked Sorcerer Linux.
>
> http://www.zynot.org/info/fork.html

Wow. Daniel Robbins sounds quite a bit like Kyle Sallee at some points.

I'd like to bring up a few things with this, then.

First, I'd like to make sure that everyone here knows that all comments
and suggestions are welcome and will not (well, should not, I can't
control other's emotions) be held against someone personally. There have
been some disagreements between developers here and I would like to think
that we are all friends and are not holding grudges for disagreements over
design, direction, etc. (it doesn't appear that any of us do, just
saying... ;)).

Second, while we may not be as large as Gentoo (20,000 to 150,000
users?!), I'd like to say (from my perspective) that I believe our
community has a much more stable and friendly course of interaction, on
the mailing lists, IRC, and the forums[0] (yes, we _do_ have forums! :)).

Thirdly, I would like for everyone whom has an idea about what they would
like changed (direction of Sorcery, direction of the Grimoire, meeting
times, salary, etc.) to discuss, either here, IRC, or the forums. And I
mean constructive talks, not flamewars. :)

And for all the users out there, if you feel you have some free time and
would like to contribute to your favourite distributions (I /hope/ this is
your favourite distribution, if not, leave your name and address on the
forums and we'll get back to you...) then please contact the respective
team[1] you would like to assist.

-sandalle

[0] http://forums.sourcemage.org/
[1] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=The+Source+Mage+Developers

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61