sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Ridding ourselves of aliens!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Ridding ourselves of aliens!
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:18:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> > /usr/lib/locale:
> > Where do the locale files come from?
> They come from glibc iirc, not sure why they aren't tracked.

I have a pretty good idea why they aren't tracked! Why is there an 'unset
LD_PRELOAD' before the locale stuff in glibc's BUILD? Does it crash with
LD_PRELOAD set? I don't see anything in the HISTORY file about it. If this
must be done, can we re-set LD_PRELOAD without killing the installwatch
log up to this point and track_manual the /usr/lib/locale directories?

-casey