sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Ridding ourselves of aliens!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Ridding ourselves of aliens!
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:51:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Casey Harkins wrote:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/:
> Most of this directory is not tracked by perl. Can we fix the perl spell
> to track them? Dufflebunk: what was the function for manually tracking a
> file?

This one is weird. I tried a 'cast -c perl' but it still did not pick up
these files. Then I removed the /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 directory and did a
'cast -c perl'. This time the files were picked up and tracked by sorcery.
I did another 'cast -c perl' and the files are still tracked by sorcery!

The image.tar.bz2 from the installation iso has these files, but the
install log on the iso for perl does not show these files.

My guess is that there was an installwatch problem with perl at one time,
but why it doesn't fix itself without removing the directory first is
beyond me!

... slowly destroying the aliens ...

-casey