sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Anti-Aliasing woes

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Anti-Aliasing woes
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:57:56 -0500

Well, I thought this was a solved problem, and it is on my desktop. I
recently did a new installation on my laptop. I have a basic KDE up and
running now, but I can't get any anti-aliasing.

I have freetype2 installed and tried compiling with and with out the
bytecode interpreter. I am pretty sure I have the same stuff installed on
my desktop and laptop, and yet, one has AA and the other doesn't.

Is there something I did, some configuration, that I can't remember that is
neccessary? I am using all TTF fonts and have anti-aliasing turned on in
the KDE control panels.

Some inconsistencies I just noticed. My desktop indicates that Xft2 is
installed, but there is no XftConfig file. Also I have a font server on my
desktop, but not on my laptop. My laptop does have and XftConfig file.

Am I over looking something? Is a font server neccessary?

Spencer