sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Call for developer: init.d system refactoring to LSB standards

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Schabell M.Sc." <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Call for developer: init.d system refactoring to LSB standards
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:47:01 +0100

Howdy All!

I am looking for someone to refactor the init.d script system for Source Mage
GNU/Linux. I have done the research into LSB standards and have a document
with
the exact work needed to be done, summarized here for you:

1. update the librunlevel sorcery module to include LSB functions.
2. updte the functions script to include LSB funtions.
3. update the init.d scripts to comply with LSB standard headers.

I will gladly help you through it, test it and coordinate any work needed to
be
done by other guru's to get their own spell sections sorted out with compliant
LSB init scripts. I will also coordinate the phasing out of the older init.d
usage as it now is found in the init system. I plan to have this done by the
end
of the summer, so not alot of time pressure here!

If you have a desire to contribute a very important component to Source Mage,
would like to use Bash in a bit more complex environment and can follow a
design
document then this is the job for you!

Please mail me if you are interested.

/*