sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] An interesting variation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] An interesting variation
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:55:23 -0700

because its a read-only share ;)

Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:31:00 -0500
From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery 1.xxx

Dufflebunk wrote:

>That file doesn't exist, and never did.
>The easiest way would be to manualy d/l the latest sorcery tarball, and
>run the install script in it.
>Once that is installed, run 'scribe add devel' or test or stable instead
>of devel.
>Then rm the /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire directory as it's no longer used.
>I cannot remember exactly how far along 0.9.1.1 was, but this should
>cover it.
>
>Oh, and make sure that lockexec is installed.
>
>On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 14:45, John T Copeland wrote:
>

>>When trying to do a "sorcery update" I get the following error:
>>/usr/sbin/sorcery: lne 38: /etc/sorcery/update/DETAILS: No such file fo
>>directroy
>>bzip2: Input file /var/spool/sorcery/ is a directory.
>>Current sorcery-devel version 0.9.1.1
>>
>>What do I need to do to get the latest sorcery. BTW, when/who was
>>supposed to set up: /etc/sorcery/update/DETAILS?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>JohnC

Thanks. Where do I download only sorcery. I did download the tarball
along time ago, but I forget where I got it. I see some tarballs at
"download.sourcemage.org/sorcery", but they appear to have the grimoire
also.

I am already using /var/lib/sorcery/codex/devel along with scribe, etc.
I haven't had "grimoire" directory for some time, and lockexec was
installed when I went to the new .../codex/... sorcery. I usually do a
"scribe update" weekly. However when I do: "gaze installed sorcery", I
get 0.8.2. When I do "sorcery", the dialog title is 0.9.1.1. I am a
tad confused. I am obviously NOT sync'ed somewhere.

Any thoughts? I wonder if an install of only a sorcery will get me
right again?