sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] And just out of curiosity....

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: Phil White <cerise AT littlegreenmen.armory.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] And just out of curiosity....
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:21:54 +1200

On that note I might rename my computer "lovelynakedladies".

Phil White wrote:

John's computers at the Armory are named after HHGTTG computers.

Complete with earth, deepthought, bamboweeni, guide, &c.

I name my computers after amusing concepts. My main system is
littlegreenmen. This is mostly so that I can set up cron to
play music in the mornings and proclaim that littlegreenmen
wake me every morning. Alternatively, that I talk to/deal with
littlegreenmen quite frequently.

My latest laptop is Tuesday (marginally after His Girl Friday and
other such days). This is because
1) Tuesday is a reasonable estimate of compilation time (It's a P-120 with 16 megs).
2) "Hmm...I don't know about that. Let me look it up on Tuesday."
3) "Hey cool! Can I run that on Tuesday?"

-Phil/CERisE