sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Future source repository

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Future source repository
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:46:32 +0100

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 08:45:30AM +0100, Eric Schabell wrote:

> Sergey,
>
> One quick question, is it CVS compatible in the sense that our users can
> use
> the provided gui's (cervisia and such)?

I think it should be compatible with most cvs gui's, since the basic
commands of subversion are the same as those of cvs (add, checkout,
commit, update, diff, ...). I haven't used subversion yet, just read an
article in a magazine, so i don't know if everything in those gui's will
work with subversion, but most basic stuff should work. Of course the
advantages of subversion (moving/deleting directories, properties) would
only be available on the commandline.
All in all, i think we should try subversion.

Arwed
aka alley_cat