sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Per-spell grimoire determination?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Per-spell grimoire determination?
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:12:41 +0000

On Saturday 04 January 2003 06:06 pm, Michael Taylor wrote:
> At 21:40 01/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >How about setting the order in /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire to local,
> > devel, test, stable, and putting symbolic links in the local grimoire?
> >
> >phma
>
> Eh?? Local grimoires work now? I'd been using the old xx_myspells symlink
> from within the test grimoire directory.
> scribe add local doesn't seem to work though... anything I put in there
> isn't recognized at all. Gotta play with it...
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Michael Taylor
> tcm AT adelphia.net
> ICQ: 1938799
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I believe that you still cannot add a local grimoire using scribe, but you
can
manually add it to your /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire file like so:

GRIMOIRE_DIR[0]=/home/jason/custom
GRIMOIRE_DIR[1]=/var/lib/sorcery/codex/devel
GRIMOIRE_DIR[2]=/var/lib/sorcery/codex/test
GRIMOIRE_DIR[3]=/var/lib/sorcery/codex/stable

I keep mine in my home directory (and not my codex directory) 'cause I back
it
up.

Within that directory (/home/jason/custom, in my case) you set up your
sections which hold the spells. Here are the sections that are in my custom
grimoire:

jason@jason:~/custom$ ls
bible devel editors finance graphics kde kernels libs mail misc net

perl-cpan printer sgl utils x11 z-rejected

Notice also that I have three sections (bible, finance and misc) which are
not
a part of the regular grimoires, but which work just fine.

--
Jason Flatt
Section maintainer for printer