sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Per-spell grimoire determination?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Michael Taylor <tcm AT adelphia.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Per-spell grimoire determination?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 19:47:36 -0500

Just a thought for the Great Scheme of things...
Currently, going from one grimoire to another is a wholesale switch. I have
been in test now for a while, but there are several packages out there that
I wish to keep up with the bleeding edge on, like mplayer, lame, pan2, kde,
NVIDIA_kernel, etc. and there are several other spells which I want to keep
as stable as possible, e.g. ncurses, glibc, and mozilla. I have several
"$SPELL-devel" spells in my personal grimoire that I copied from the devel
grimoire, but updating them manually is becoming a pain.
It would be nice (for me anyways) to be able to pick the stable, test, or
devel grimoire to pull a spell from at the time of casting and have it
maintained in CONFIG for the sake of updating. Of course, automating this
means downloading three grimoires instead of one at every sorcery
system-update.
Michael Taylor
tcm AT adelphia.net
ICQ: 1938799