sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Versioned dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Versioned dependencies
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:43:53 -0600

For this to work would we need to keep several version of different spells around then?

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook

Eric Sandall wrote:
I think SMGL needs to add versioned dependencies to its abilities, though
this will make both sorcery and spell-writing more complex. My main
reason is for spells like GNUCash (requires an older version of guile). Many of our spells already partially support this (automake, gtk+*, etc.)
as they install into ${SPELL}-${VERSION} directories, then create a
symlink from ${SPELL}. We would need to remove this symlink option and
add (probably to the configure) the location of the versioned libraries
the spell requires.

Thoughts?

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle