sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 3 anyone?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 3 anyone?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:26:09 +0200

Hi

TS> OK, it's been in devel for a while now and I'm soliciting comments
TS> on whether (a) devel users think the GCC 3 migration is complete
TS> and ready for the test branch (b) whether test branch users are
TS> ready for GCC 3.

We should put an announcement somewhere that users are advised to
rebuild the whole system after the update. Otherwise some C++ progs
won't find the correct libstdc++.

A workaround is to add /opt/gcc2/lib to the end (!) of /etc/ld.so.conf,
but I do *not* recommend this since it will break things if we should
need both gcc2 and gcc3 versions of some libraries in the future.

Julian