pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Masdevallia niesseniae

  • From: "William Rhodehamel, Hoosier Orchid Company" <william@hoosierorchid.com>
  • To: lthoerle@alumni.uchicago.edu, pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Masdevallia niesseniae
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:31:52 -0400

This has been my experience too. I have always been suspicious of this species because the clone I have - and the others I've seen - looks exactly like the yellow forms of Masd. Oriole (veitchiana x reichenbachiana). They match in growth habit, culture and flowers. Oriole also sometimes puts on a second flower.

William Rhodehamel