pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] introduction

  • From: marcus <marcusadriana@mls.com.br>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] introduction
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:25:07 -0300

(My) frogs like the bromeliads that exist up on tree banches in my ranch in southeastern Brasil.
That provides food (insects pupae), drinking and wetting water, that's a real living palace for them, but never heard of they like Pleurothallis.
I'll pay attention to that - if that is also my case and their prefference.
Marcus Rezende

Michael Shrom escreveu:

Hi,
I'm Michael Shrom from close to Philladelphia. I've been keeping orchids off and on for over 20 years and recently have started keeping mostly small orchids in terrariums. Like Charles Powell and several members of the Pleurothallid Alliance I also keep dart frogs. I keep mostly intermediate and warm growing Pleurothallids. I think their are many more cool growing orchids in the Pleuro group but their are plenty of warm to intermediate ones to choose from. Most of my Pleurothallids are in terrariums with frogs.
I'm fortunate to be within driving distance of Parkside Orchids. One of their specialities is small orchids. I've acquired many of my orchids their. I'm very much a novice but learning. I recently joined the Pleurathallid Alliance and have enjoyed the news letter. I've subscribed to the "digest" form of this mailing list to cut down on emails. I expect I'll mostly lurk and gleen knowledge.
Michael Shrom
Ephrata, Pa.