pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Introduction

  • From: "Charles Powell, II" <powell2@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Introduction
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:21:56 -0700

I figure I should introduce myself. My name is Chuck Powell and I have been keeping Pleurothalids for, oh, maybe 10 years, orchids for about 20 years and carnivorous plants for almost 40 years (38 to be exact). I have a wide range of interests from Dendrobatid frogs (poison frogs; not really poisonous but beautiful) and geckos to molluscan paleontology (that's my job; for the U.S. Geological Survey). I have a small home-made greenhouse in my back yard that my sons and I made a couple years back = it turned out pretty well. I have, maybe 40 or so Pleurothalids and favor Lepenthes, Restrepia (although I don't have any of these two genera) and Pleurothalis and don't keep much in the way of Masdavalia or Dracula (to warm here). I run the American Dendrobatid Group and put on Frog Day each year in San Jose, California. If anyone in the Bay Area sells orchids and would like to sell at the next Frog Day please contact me. I think there would be lots of interest. I also have a number of baby frogs if anyone is interest in trading plants for frogs. I'm always interested in trading for new plants. What else, I'm married, for 25 year last Tuesday and I'm crazy about Barb. We have 4 kids, 2 boys 18 and two daughters 15 and 11. Guess that's about it. Any questions?

Best,

Charles & Barbara Powell
powell2@sbcglobal.net
www.hylaweb.com/frogday