permaculture - Re: [permaculture] More abuse of of what Permaculture is not

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] More abuse of of what Permaculture is not
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:29:07 -0500

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Koreen Brennan <koreenbrennan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Had an interesting conversation on line a while ago with someone in China
> doing deep research into peeponics. He was to the point of aging the pee to

How did he age it? let it sit in a container? aerated?

> produce higher nitrogen levels

How did he do that? Make it more concentrated through evaporation of the
water component?

> for young plants or greens vs phosphorous

What do you mean "vs. phosphorous"?

> during fruiting a couple years ago. Would love to hear from others working
> in this arena.

I have two piles of quarry rock dust, one is pyrrphyllite, the other is a
local granite.
I add some of each to a small compost pile. I also add spent potting soil,
some kelp meal,
a lot of biochar lumps from my woodstove and many gallons of pee. I collet
the pee in a 5 gallon bucket;
when it is less than half full I pour it on the pile to saturate all the
other ingredients. When the pile has aged I take some of the mix and put
it in a bucket, add water, wait for the solids tp settle out and the liquid
is dark but opaque. This winter I have been fertilizing my dwarf
Persian lime, Calamondin and Meyer Lemon. They have responded with very
vigourous growth; all are putting out blooms. The lemon is covered with
blooms that will no doubt become fruit to harvest mid to late next year. I
have no disease or insect problems.

I think this tea will be really useful on vegetable crops next Spring.

BTW this course is being offered soon in my region.
-
*Upcoming Free Events:*

*(1) Introduction to Aquaponics and Hydroponics Businesses*

Come and learn about aquaponics and hydroponics as business ideas for the
entrepreneur. Learn how these similar businesses create controlled
environments of growing plants (hydroponics and aquaponics) and fish
(aquaponics). Taught by Rachel Kulberg, PhD, Aquaponic Food 4 Thought

*Monday, December 12, 2016 6:30 to 8:30 PM*
At two concurrent Locations: Durham Tech's Orange County Campus,
Hillsborough
<http://email.centeric.ncsbc.net/c/eJxFTsuOhCAQ_Bo8kqZRGA4cxnE97y8AokMGH0HU_fxl42GTflalq2vQwjFXBY3ABENQCAg1UlYDk5SBAkWVaNv-ySWpwfkl-xQcXdxuS_W5euvBuEYIixJZY61UfvDG8EawZhxHKaGK-p3zthP-JNiXuK7rX6DsyU_U7NsP4f28Dp7wzp_lEUFxd96xB3ABDFiVdDLu7SP9HNH6NBVT02xCpG6dq6y__g72MnyndV5zWBcTq3mfTpN2TWRLEF3JYqVIAqB4MIKvgtgjfpJ3201izZXEmwnLGbK_8eWIkcjuFxawW-w>

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com