permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Re: SARE Systems Research Handbook: Innovative Solutions to Complex Challenges

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Re: SARE Systems Research Handbook: Innovative Solutions to Complex Challenges
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 17:03:58 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karl S North <knorth@binghamton.edu>
Date: Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Re: Fwd: SARE Systems Research Handbook: Innovative
Solutions to Complex Challenges
To: sanet-mg@googlegroups.com

SARE's groundbreaking *Systems Research for Agriculture
> <http://list.mlgnserv.com/track/click?u=7374bc3ef77a4d7a5bf6c9128e30cabe&id=eb063db9&e=4fe2b639>*
> provides
> the theories and tools that researchers and producers need to design and
> conduct interdisciplinary systems research projects that advance
> sustainable agroecosystems.
>
> ​Free download: http://www.sare.org/Learning-C
enter/Books/Systems-Research-for-Agriculture?utm_source=emai
l+marketing+Mailigen&utm_campaign=Systems+Book+Campaign&utm_medium=email​

​I too offer congratulations to Laurie Drinkwater, Louise Buck and Diana
Friedman for a manual, a long time coming, that is a step in the direction
of a revolution in the way not only agricultural science, but all science,
is done. ​I am writing a critical review of the document, which I will post
here. Systems research has evolved rapidly in recent decades, even since
the manual project was started. My review will suggest changes and
additions that that I believe are updates necessary to inform systems
research.

--
​​

Karl North - http://karlnorth.com/
"Pueblo que canta no morira" - Cuban saying
"They only call it class warfare when we fight back" - Anon.
"My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son
will ride a camel."
—Saudi saying

--
Your use of this list constitutes agreement to abide by the SANET Terms of
Use at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sanet-mg/OuearvWaHXo/sfD_lIdsCwAJ.

To learn about digest mode or other settings visit
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1047839?hl=en.
---
"SANET-MG" group.
email to sanet-mg+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.