permaculture - [permaculture] Questions About Lawton's Online PDC Course : Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Questions About Lawton's Online PDC Course : Permaculture
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 18:07:22 -0400

[ATTN PDC teachers: Headsup Scott, Steve, Alan, others, skeptics, poseur
and scam watchers]

"He's trying to get a bargain price on Mollison's big black book for all
the students."

[Does this mean that Lawton is trying to buy Mollison's student rolodex?
Why not other organizations more inline with Mollison's original mission
and PDC?
There are students all over the world I would assume but planty in the USA
so why not share it with Steve and Scott?]
$997 Aus $ - 15000 students for this online course

afterword1 <https://www.reddit.com/user/afterword1> 2 points 23 hours ago

Same question. I was looking forward to it until the marketing got very
aggressive and smelled a little scheme-y. I'd still participate if someone
could vouch for the training.

[–]iandcorey <https://www.reddit.com/user/iandcorey>Permaskeptic[S
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Permaculture/comments/5863x2/questions_about_lawtons_online_pdc_course/>
] 1 point 19 hours ago

This. But also… 15,000 students.

Questions About Lawton's Online PDC Course (self.Permaculture
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Permaculture/>)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Permaculture/comments/5863x2/questions_about_lawtons_online_pdc_course/?st=iuhge1vx&sh=342d559f

fiddledebob <https://www.reddit.com/user/fiddledebob> 3 points 22 hours ago

I have not participated in the course, but here is a thread from when it
was last going on. https://redd.it/1ed0at

Three year old thread
https://redd.it/1ed0at

Is anyone else besides up2late and myself taking Geoff Lawton's online
Permaculture Design Course? (self.Permaculture
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Permaculture/>)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Permaculture/comments/1ed0at/is_anyone_else_besides_up2late_and_myself_taking/?st=iuhglvdq&sh=bae89fff
I'm really enjoying it so far, and we've only covered the introduction!
He's giving us the Permaculture Earthworks course online for free. He's
trying to get a bargain price on Mollison's big black book for all the
students. And he posted an hour long video today full of nothing but
answers to questions students have posted on the website. Enrollment for
this session is closed, but if the course continues like this and he offers
another one, I'd highly recommend that folks save up for it. (It was $997
Australian dollars, so it's not cheap, but I think it's a bargain.)