permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea] Compost Tea in Israel

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea] Compost Tea in Israel
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 16:37:16 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elaine Ingham soilfoodweb@aol.com [compost_tea] <
compost_tea@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] Compost Tea in Israel
To: compost_tea@yahoogroups.com

The evidence is in the significant increase in fungal biomass that can be
produced during a 24 hour brew, if hte conditions are right for those fungi
to grow. Swirling around in a vortex isn't that disturbing ---- being
sliced by a shovel, plow, or tiller, having salts (otherwise known as
inorganic fertilizers) suck the moisture out of the fungal body, or having
toxic chemicals designed to kill disease fungi, but which also have much
greater effects on the beneficial fungi, are way, way more problematical
for any soil life.

Elaine R. Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc. Soil Life Consultant
Since I travel a great deal, so if I don't answer within 3 days, please
send
again.