permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea] Compost Tea in Israel

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea] Compost Tea in Israel
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 19:18:08 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elaine Ingham soilfoodweb@aol.com [compost_tea] <
compost_tea@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] Compost Tea in Israel
To: compost_tea@yahoogroups.com

The amount of humic material to add into compost, extract or tea, or just
straight to your soil depends on how much additional beneficial fungal
growth you need.

Typical rates are between one teaspoon (about 4 grams) to 1 cup (100 grams)
per gallon or kg depending on your decision about how much fyungal
improvement you need.

Please note, however, that if you don't have any fungi in the soil that it
won't do much good to add food for fungi. use your microscope to assess
how much, and what general types of fungi you have before determining how
much fungal food to add.

And remember, different fungal species like different types of foods ---
complex fungal foods are best as there are so many different types of food
chains in a complex molecule. Bacteria are best at growing on simple food
resources, while fungi are better at using the complex materials.

Elaine R. Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc. Soil Life Consultant
Since I travel a great deal, so if I don't answer within 3 days, please
send
again.