permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: dhondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 20:34:12 +0100

Toby and Lawrence,

In an age where a five year old with a laptop can hack one of your voting computers in minutes and from a fair distance there are quite a few people who do not think it matters at all which way you vote. Clinton was promised the presidency by the super rich, The 50 or so names that own 75 % of all the world and that is what will come to pass come hell or high water.

The election is a show with the script all written and done. Sure, the tension will be kept up until the last moment but the end is already final. It gives the masses of "voters" something to get excited about and way to hang on to their belief they live in a democracy.
I think Trump is there to make people actually happy when Clinton emerges as the winner and it gives her more leeway as a president. Sure she is doing bad things but imagine how much worse Trump would have been...

You probably want to go on believing for it is almost impossible to let go of a belief. Remember the coin tosses that took place in one of the primaries that would decide how many delegates Clinton or Sanders would get? Clinton won all 16 of them. Not completely statistically impossible but only highly unlikely.

IN the mean time both candidates are making money. I received some 60 mails here in Ireland to urgently support Clinton with a donation varying between $1 and $ 250. Trump had just made millions from his cash drive and the danger was high that he would win if the Democrats would do less. She has taken up Sander's way of soliciting grass roots money. If I get tens of mails per day soliciting urgent contributions you can be sure that millions of Americans are actually donating to a billionaire.

We had a joke here during the one before last pope election in the Vatican where Ratsinger was elected eventually. "Do these Cardinals vote by computer? Then we know who the next Pope will be.... George Bush of course."

So we will get Clinton no matter what. And she is already talking about nuclear war with Russia and/or China and that may very well be the end of the world as we have known it. It will most definitely not benefit your friends in Scandinavia, the Ukrain and the Baltic countries and others like me and mine or even you Lawrence.
And she will push for more fracking and approve the "Trade agreements" that are not really about trade but about giving the super corporations free reign over nations. 4 years of that will change the world in ways we can not imagine.

John