permaculture - Re: [permaculture] IPC Values ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Koreen Brennan <koreenbrennan@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] IPC Values ?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 12:01:54 -0400

These are good points. On my first PDC course, my teacher shared some major
errors that he made early on as a designer that caused actual catastrophes.
Rather than think less of him, I respected him for having the courage to
share those. And I remembered them vividly, as lessons learned - he learned
the hard way, so I did not have to on those fronts. Because those failures
were so dramatic and vivid, I really got the lesson and have avoided errors
in similar situations that I very well may not have if he hadn't shared
those examples with us.

Your statement about humility is appreciated. I haven't met anyone on this
Earth who has never had failures with either the natural world or humans or
both. They are both very complex entities that we are far from fully
understanding. Failed designs are precious learning opportunities.

Best, Koreen