permaculture - Re: [permaculture] garlic and butter deficiency."

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] garlic and butter deficiency."
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 18:07:38 -0500

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 4:07 PM, christopher nesbitt <
christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org> wrote:

> The butter and garlic is a reference to eating the snails.

How many species of snails are edible?

I found two new names of interest today:

Culinary Medicine
A book has recently been published on this subject
[food as medicine]

Center for Advanced Hindsight <http://advanced-hindsight.com/>
http://*advanced*-*hindsight*.com/

The Center for Advanced Hindsight - MIT
<http://web.mit.edu/ariely/www/MIT/thecenter.shtml>
http://web.mit.edu/ariely/www/MIT/thecenter.shtml
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The *Center for Advanced Hindsight* is a non-discriminating institution,
examining published as well as unpublished work, and work of researchers of
all ranks.
The Center for Advanced Hindsight "Research Into What Might Have Been"

*Mission Statement:*

The goal of the center and its members is to be able to have great insights
(in hindsight) about a large and diverse set of research projects.
Obviously this involvement is restricted to work done by other researchers
and work done by individual members of the center is off-limits. The Center
for Advanced Hindsight is a non-discriminating institution, examining
published as well as unpublished work, and work of researchers of all
ranks.

Over the years member of centers have examined a wide areas of research
including prospect theory (both the probability weighing function as well
as the value function), cognitive dissonance, heuristic and biases, the hot
hand effect, the Samuelson's paradox, the effects of emotions on
decision-making etc.

"The Center" was founded on November 3rd 1996 in Chicago, Illinois during
the Judgment and Decision making conference (JDM). We were inspired to
initiate the center by the simple, yet painful, fact that everyone around
us was affiliated with some wonderful sounding institution and we felt left
out. People around us were talking about CMR, SRI, DR, SDS, NSF, and over a
nice Chicago pizza, we decided to start a center that would capture what we
do best. And this is how The Center for Advanced Hindsight ("the center")
came into being.

>From the first moment it was obvious that Òthe centerÓ had to be focused on
the ability of its initiating members and our research potential. In
retrospect, the choice was obvious -- Hindsight.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com