permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ZOO Fantasy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ZOO Fantasy
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:45:05 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yep I go along with all that Toby and Scott purport. But what I am asking
> or entering, is the question, is there another zone that has an important
> contribution to make, as Bernard Alonso proves, or do we stay stuck in what
> we already know and stay stuck in that mind set ?
>
> After all fantasy is real ? for, we all fantasise...some of us more than
> others. I often enjoy in my Advanced Permaculture Design Workshops asking
> students to create a Wild Design. Fantasy has a little to play here. But,
> what it does, is open the doors of lateral thinking in the Design Process.
> Vastly lacking it seems from our PC exercises. As mentioned by Jason, there
> are a few other zones that we may need to start considering tooo soooner or
> later. Steve Hart
>

> On 17 July 2014 05:51, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 3:08 AM, Steve Hart <
> stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Roman...as much as you and I and many others would like, this subject
> > will
> > > never go to bed. There are many issues to this colourful sector. 1. It
> is
> > > already firmly established in a number of Permaculture circles. 2. It
> may
> > > be an issue to recognise and work with rather than against. 3. It may
> be
> > > field that is critical to our 2nd ethic, people care. That discussion
> > will
> > > take on another chapter by itself. But we have countless examples where
> > we
> > > are failing in this ethic. So, perhaps Z00 could be the answer to such
> > > woes. 4. It is a zone like it or not. 5. It is not physical or tangible
> > > but is " an invisible, intangible, non-physical space that requires
> > > completely different tools to work with." and melancholy?
> > >
> > > As mentioned previously I will try and get hold of Bernard Alonso and
> get
> > > his view on this subject, he teaches it in his PDCs...Steve Hart
>
> All very good points, Steve. PC events of all kinds should always contain
the elements of mystery, imagination, wild design, wild nature, fantasy
and free form thinking out of the box, encouraging and developing our
creative skills.

More from another source:

John Kellden <https://plus.google.com/u/0/101010252943098026073> originally
shared <https://plus.google.com/u/0/101010252943098026073/posts/J58jR5FZ7tX>
:

*Zen of Small Tasks, part 1: How to Thrive and Catalyze a Great Future*
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JohnKellden/posts/J58jR5FZ7tX

*"There is still time."*
-- +John Kellden <https://plus.google.com/101010252943098026073>

You have roots deep into Gaia. Every atom in you is starstuff, remnants of
exploding supernovas attracted by the spiritual intention that flows
through your every movement, your every task.

Trust your every movement. Let your every task be an act of applied meraki.

Anything and everything you experience, derives its meaning from how you
give and receive value, between your own unique story and unfolding
wholeness.

Social media is an infinite canvas, where we are offered an opportunity to
become artists, to become vibrant, expressing, performing beings, to become
ourselves.

There is still time. Remember who you are, and thrive.

> http://us.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2avryx/what_is_the_strangest_true_fact_about_the
> > What is the strangest true fact about the universe that we typically
> don't
> > consider everyday?
> > <
> >
> http://us.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2avryx/what_is_the_strangest_true_fact_about_the/
>
> > Comments:
> >
> > 1) [–]
> > <
> >
> http://us.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2avryx/what_is_the_strangest_true_fact_about_the#
> > >
> > wolverinesfire <http://us.reddit.com/user/wolverinesfire> [score hidden]
> > an
> > hour ago
> >
> > That thoughts affect the world around us at least on a quantum level.
> >
> > Experiments show that our thoughts or observations of things influences
> the
> > world around us. There are random number generators that usually give an
> > equal distribution between choices. But in some experiments people have
> > changed the random number generators output after concentrating on it.
> >
> > A similar kind of thing seems to happen in quantum physics. When a
> > researcher runs an experiment firing photons through 2 slits (it has to
> > choose one of two pathways), then the distribution is usually 50/50. But
> if
> > the researcher observing this concentrates on an outcome / 1 possibility,
> > this causes a noticeable change in the distribution. So the question
> > becomes, if we can influence that, 1) What are we influencing? 2) How? 3)
> > What else can we change/influence just by our thoughts?

<>

3) To repeat:

A) Compared to the size and mass of Earth itself, how little water we have
on our planet

B) How fragile Gaia is

C) How little pollution it takes to have significantly negative impacts on
our environment
<https://plus.google.com/+Avantgeared>