permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Hugelkultur Shots

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hugelkultur Shots
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:20:25 -0400

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM, michael judd
<michael@projectbonafide.com>wrote:

> Hugel Builders,
>
> I am seeking pictures of hugels in construction and finished states for
> the hugelkultur chapter in my upcoming book. I have shots of my hugel beds
> but they are massive and I'm wanting to share examples of small to moderate
> beds for a mostly suburban audience.
>
> Any pictures would be most welcome and any used would give full credit and
> links.

Thousands if images here, naturally; take your pick:

Google search results for "hugelkulchur beds images": (hugelkultur,
hugelkultchur, hugelculture, spelling variants)

https://www.google.com/search?q=hugelkultur+beds+images&client=firefox-a&hs=zP7&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=HiXTUeDeIO2z4APsm4CwDw&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=984

And at permies.com, the subforum growies contains a 25 page thread on
hugelkultur with text, diagrams and photographs; you can contact the
authors directly for usage permission. I think you are a user there,
Michael.

http://www.permies.com/forums/f-117/hugelkultur
Start at page 25: http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/960/17#174887

If you want dragonflies create a water impoundment and leave a few logs
nearby to rot and provide breeding habitat for them.