permaculture - Re: [permaculture] To Pinch or not to Pinch

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Alia Tsang <alia@dietrick.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] To Pinch or not to Pinch
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:00:26 -0700

This was discussed on a garden show I listen to recently. Supposedly it
will reduce the number of fruit you get, but the ones produced will be
bigger and will mature faster. The guy on the show said that it's helpful
in places with a shorter growing season, but here in California's Central
Valley it just reduces yields.