permaculture - [permaculture] For PC People In NC: Fwd: BAJ: WED 6/12 HOPE TAYLOR - FIGHTING FOR OUR WATER! + TPC report

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] For PC People In NC: Fwd: BAJ: WED 6/12 HOPE TAYLOR - FIGHTING FOR OUR WATER! + TPC report
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:48:33 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: JC Markatos <markatos@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
To: Jerry Markatos <markatos@mindspring.com>

Public pressure is impeding the NC Legislature's
mad rush to trash environmental rules and permanently
contaminate water supplies across NC for short term profit.

Hear veteran environmental defender and advocate Hope Taylor,
Executive Director of Clean Water for North Carolina, prepare us
to defend our state and biosphere from the major threats of
privatization, fracking, regulatory rollbacks and irresponsible
legislation.

Please invite others you know who support carcinogen-free
food and water, and North Carolina's future!

Jerry Markatos 919 542-2139
Balance & Accuracy in Journalism

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, June 12, 7:30 pm at
The Community Church of Chapel Hill, UU
106 Purefoy Road

Balance & Accuracy in Journalism
and
Clean Water for North Carolina

present

* HOPE TAYLOR*
* on*
*FIGHTING FOR OUR WATER!*

*Hope Taylor will update us on the public's successes *
*and the struggle ahead as the Fracking Bill, Senate Bill S76,*
*returns to the Senate after positive revisions in the House.*
*
*
*Our actions are crucial for holding the line on gains made *
*so far by the public.*
*
*
*Along with organizing opportunities, knowledgeable action*
*can create an effective barrier to the industry's rapacious influence.*
*
*
*Come pick up Alternative Radio disks to share, of Sandra Steingraber's*
*powerful talk, "Fracking and Public Health."*

~~~~~~

*ALSO WEDNESDAY...TPC's Rachel Hazlett*
*
*
*Several weeks ago a number of BAJ members responded *
*to our call for contributions to help The Peoples Channel send*
*Rachel Hazlett to the national conference of *
*Alliance for Community Media. I didn't know it at the time, *
*but our $350 contribution would be decisive in allowing Rachel *
*to **attend that dynamic San Francisco conference.*
*
*
*Rachel will give us a brief picture of the gathering,*
*and its significance to public access channels like Chapel Hill's*
*Channel 8, as well as community stations like WCOM, both*
*of which broadcast several independent media programs.*
*
*
*In that same category is a possible community station *
*in Chatham County, if there is interest in the current *
*FCC openings for Low Power FM Stations.*
*
*
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*Watch for tomorrow's email followup to last month's *
*Chiquita in Colombia*
*presentation by Witness for Peace Colombia staff member*
*Jeanine Legato! She and others who attended our meeting*
*also went to the Chiquita stockholders meeting in Charlotte,*
*where they....*
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*Also, watch tomorrow's email for details on a*
*SATURDAY JUNE 22 Frack-Free Public Forum*
*at the Ruritan Club bldg in Bynum, NC.*
*
Ticket sales end June 17
*
*See **
http://frackfreenc-forum.eventbrite.com/#
*
*
info and registration: $10; w box lunch $20
complete info and tickets at
http://frackfreenc-forum.eventbrite.com/#
Program includes key leaders in the clean water movement in NC
as well as two dairy farmers from Bradford County, Pennsylvania
who suffer the effects of shale gas extraction.
*
*
*
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

DIRECTIONS TO THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF CHAPEL HILL:
106 Purefoy Road, in Chapel Hill

FROM EITHER DIRECTION ON THE CHAPEL HILL BY-PASS:
Exit at the 15-501 Pittsboro exit.
As you exit, TURN at the traffic light toward Chapel Hill.
In half a block, TURN RIGHT just short of the convenience store.
That's PUREFOY ROAD, and you take it almost a half mile,
passing side streets and curving left up the hill past speed bumps and
an extra stop sign [until you can just see the stop sign at the
T-intersection.]
Watch for a driveway on the left with a white-painted curb
and a tan colored sign for the church.
that driveway takes you to the parking lot and the Community Church.
-----

  • [permaculture] For PC People In NC: Fwd: BAJ: WED 6/12 HOPE TAYLOR - FIGHTING FOR OUR WATER! + TPC report, Lawrence London, 06/11/2013