permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Dacha gardeners feeding the Russian nation | In 2011 the dacha gardens of Russia produced 40% of the nation's food.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Pete Gasper, Gasper Family Farm" <farmer1@gasperfarm.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Dacha gardeners feeding the Russian nation | In 2011 the dacha gardens of Russia produced 40% of the nation's food.
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 20:43:39 -0500

We don't need peasants from other countries to teach us, the only folks who'd listen them don't need the information. We have plenty of information already. What we need is to break the grip of the merchant class on the minds of the people. Also our government at all levels fights against the people growing their own food. Getting land to grow on is a gargantuan task. We also lack 'widespread mutual assistance'. In this country you are more likely to be shunned than helped.

Pete