permaculture - Re: [permaculture] oxygenation of water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] oxygenation of water
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 11:18:21 +1300

Hi Georg

Thanks John

On hydroponics there is enough evidence out there for us to make up our own
mind, intellectually, at least. Vandana Shiva's latest lecture at Canada's
Victoria University
( http://www.uvic.ca/anniversary/videos/index.php ) where she was awarded
an honary doctorate is a good start. Another is doing a PDC with a
recognised tutor...who knows well the realities of the principle of
Permaculture...
"work with nature not against it "..many PDC graduates I'm afraid have not
selected wisely. That's still yet another debate.

On "care for people"....that opens up a wider more dramatic debate. Like
"share of surplus" ? But I'll let Scott Pittman answer that debate. It
seems to me that we as a species is looking in the face of extinction. And,
there is such a thing known as "species extinction" . Should we ask why ?
Dare we ask, Why ? It is not about saving the planet, never was , it is
about saving the species called, man. It seems to me that we have deficated
in the nest we live in to the extent that it is now full and overflowing
and suffocating us. Why ? is that intelligence or just the way of nature
who looks after those that do not deserve to be on this planet. A rare
level of intelligence I reckon that many of us have not yet fathomed. So we
have a long way to go and the next 20 years is looking pretty
exciting.....see you in Cuba at IPC11....hopefully...for more discussion on
all debates....Steve Hart