permaculture - Re: [permaculture] oxygenation of water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] oxygenation of water
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 21:29:58 +0100

Georg,
You may know better but I don't. I know hydroponics best from trying to eat the result and even a child knows the difference. At least my grand children have no interest in eating it after one bite.
Calling hydroponics permaculture is a bit of poetic liberty. What to do when the pumps stop and the power fails?

I also happen to agree with Steve's other statement.
John

Hi Steve,

even though most
don't deserve to be on this planet.

How does that go with "care for the people"?

I have had first hand experience in
hydroponics by way of helping a mate out recently for 9 weeks. It
proved to
me beyond doubt that what I say satisfies me absolutely. It
certainly is
not an "eco-sensitive, nature-friendly agricultural process". It is
synthetic

There are hydroponics and hydroponics. If a newbie helps out on a
fully machanized, fueldriven, spray-crazy farm and then says "naw,
farming is not about production of living foods", we would know
better. So do I when I read your judgements.

Best,
Georg