permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Happy Birthday Masanobu Fukuoka

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Happy Birthday Masanobu Fukuoka
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:37:07 -0500

On 2/2/2013 10:08 AM, paul wheaton wrote:
If Fukuoka were still alive, he would be 100 years old today.

To celebrate, we are giving away gobs of stuff and we have Larry Korn
(a Fukuoka intern for three years and the translater for two of
Fukuoka's books) answering questions in the Fukuoka forum.

We are giving away:

- four copies of One Straw Revolution

- seed ball kits from seedsinaball.com

- podcast 007 with Larry Korn (free to download one day only)

- podcasts 217 and 218 with Art Ludwig (free to download one day only)

The Fukuoka forum with all the details of all this stuff is at:

http://www.permies.com/forums/f-104

Thanks for the notification, Paul. I hope people will engage in discussion in the various Fukuoka threads ongoing in your Fukuoka forum,
which is located at:
http://www.permies.com/forums/f-104/fukuoka

I recommend downloading the Wheaton/Korn podcast as well as reading all the valuable input from Larry in the Fukuoka forum; that is a rare and valuable treat.
Podcast is here:
http://permaculture-podcast.com/Podcast/Fukuoka/wheaton-permaculture-007-masanobu-fukuoka.mp3
If you're using Firefox then just save the page to your hard drive; it is an mp3 streaming audio file and the page will be saved as such (not html).

I spent some time the other day searching through Larry's posts and replies in the Fukuoka forum fora particular one wherein he describes
how conventional rice farming is done in Japan with examples. Then he
describes how Fukuoka grew rice. He made the statement that once he
saw the robustness and naturalness of Fukuoka's rice crops he never anted to see conventional rice fields again. It was so eloquently written and to the point, a (micro) gem in the world of permaculture literature. I have not been able to find that comment. Does anyone know where it is located, with exact URL?

LL
resigned to peasantry in the kingdom of permalandia