permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in theOldSystem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in theOldSystem
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 22:55:23 -0800 (PST)

Lol, Jason, cult out of permaculture. :-)  Good idea. I do try to use the
term as an adjective, as in "permaculture design." If there isn't a design
element with the result of design implementation being truly sustainable or
better yet, regenerative, it isn't permaculture. It's possible to do a design
in phases, or to do a partial permaculture design. There are a whole lot of
us, including me (since I just moved) that have partially completed
permaculture designs that are a work in progress. Are those "permaculture
sites"? Not yet! I have always emphasized the difference between using
permaculture principles and techniques to reduce pollution and increase
yield, and creating an actual "permaculture" site which is producing more
than it is consuming and is using only renewable, non-toxic/polluting energy
to do it while caring for the people involved or connected to the site and
using surplus to create even more regeneration and yield.

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition