permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in the OldSystem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <robyn@permaculture.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in the OldSystem
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 17:16:42 +1100

Doubt the statement would've been intended as a typo by the writer.

On 31/12/2012, at 3:26 PM, Nick Ritar wrote:

>> Read Mollison's Permaculture Designer's Manual. This is where it all
>> begins. Lawton is a student of a student of Mollison.
>

> Geoff Lawton is a student of Mollison... and he has also regularly
> co-taught with Mollison
>
> Small point... may just have been a typo :)
>
> Cheers
> Nick Ritar

Describing Lawton as a student of a student of Bill's is actually correct in
terms of his initial PDC, which i think was with Lindegger who was Bill's
student. Lawton later did a refresher PDC with me (I'm also a student of a
student of Bills) around 1991 before he started teaching. Both Lawton and
myself have had unique opportunities to work, co-teach with and be mentored
by Bill, myself in the mid '80s-early '90s and Geoff from the late '90's, and
in this respect Bill could be referred to as one of our teachers, but not in
relationship to our initial PDCs. Nadia's initial PDC was taught by Sindu,
Geoff's former partner who also co-created the original Greening the Dessert
project with him.

I do notice little details of pc history rewritten here and there by
different folks in bios, websites etc, not always completely incorrect but
not always totally correct.

Just qualifying a small point :)

ciao
Robyn