permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms intheOldSystem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Darrell E. Frey" <defrey@bioshelter.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms intheOldSystem
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 15:35:38 -0500

Hey all.

I want to chime in about permaculture definitions.
In classes, workshopes, presentations and conversations I generally
give 3 definitions
 1: A system of design ( I will spare the details for the choir)

2 A landscape, building, farm or what ever planned and managed
according to defintion 1
3 a global network of people, places and organizations doing work in
the teaching and application and promotion of 1 and 2

 the first two definitions are derived from Mollison's definition in
his Designer's Manual.
 the third ihas come about from observation and common usage

Darrell