permaculture - [permaculture] Building soil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Building soil
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:42:21 +1300

Building Soil, I think was the original subject of this thread. This
subject continues to amaze me. We throughout the Permaculture fraternity
have opened up this subject like the many that PC invites us to explore
experiment and practice. My long time friend and associate Glen Atkinson (
www.bdmax.co.nz) continues to open up the worlds of Biodynamics from his
re-writing of Steiner Agriculture so we could interpret it a little easier.
Many long debates with Glen has taught me that "these fairies at the bottom
of the garden as Bill quotes" teach us that the soil like all living
organisms is very much a part of cosmic science. A science that involves
spirit, etheral and astral energies and perhaps more, beyond the mere
material. I have been working with Glen's preps to add life and vitality to
my soil rebuilding with very positive results. As Skeeta says Yoemans has
taught us a little, worm teas, fish, composts, nitrogen fixers,
fertilisers, fallow, biochar and other material activities is giving great
benefits but dare we explore beyond that ? Steve Hart

Kia ora
[image: Picture]
Steve Hart
Ecology Architect