permaculture - [permaculture] Tacoma permaculture course

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: steve read <permaculturefr@free.fr>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Tacoma permaculture course
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:12:54 +0200

Dear All,

The 700usd would be at the top end of the fees we ask for courses run through the Université Populaire de Permacuture in France, our fees include accomodation, food and the tuition, but the fees asked for this Tacoma do not seem extreme. As Toby points out the fees for PmC courses are most usually well below fees for most other types of training.

A more general question is whether someone should seek to "make a living" from teaching PmC or whether teaching is an aspect of their general activities as a designer. I would prefer to be considered as a designer first and teacher second, that people attending my courses benefit from the continual renewal of experience that I get as a consequence of doing designs and other PmC orientated work.

With regard to Neil Bertrando's question about taking APT training to the USA, I thought the USA already had its own PmC research institute no?

steve read
www.permaculturefrance.org