permaculture - [permaculture] Mycofiltration & Swales

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: michael judd <michael@projectbonafide.com>
  • To: permaculture ibiblio listserv <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mycofiltration & Swales
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:53:30 -0000

Greetings Permaculturists

Moving from Nicaragua to the Chesapeake Bay watershed of Maryland
has been a big translation. Similar patterns but different tools and scale.

Pollution to the Bay is huge. I'm looking into funding for
mycoremediation/mycofiltration that initially targets farm run off, both
chemical and animal, into streams. To design a replicable system.

I can figure how to go out and hand dig a bunker spawn swale with a hand full
of burlap sacks but it is scaling the process to farm and mega farm that
needs to be figured.
I am seeking support in brainstorming the components and investments needed
for each stage of the system, i.e. best machinery for swale cutting,
successful fungi species with easy propagation set up, stream edge tree
species that feed aquatic life, success and failure stories, maintenance
challenges, really any experience information or resources would be greatly
appreciated.

En Paz,

Michael Judd
240.344.5625

http://www.projectbonafide.com/

"To do good you actually have to do something" Yvon Chouinard