permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Trader Joe's

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Guillermo <griromero@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Trader Joe's
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:04:36 -0800 (PST)

I feel you ought to know a little about the company and what it does to
support local communities where it operates, their social and environmental
responsibilities policies, and what employees feel about the organization.
 I understand and share your concerns, but as a costumer I also like what
TJ's brings. Most of what TJ's sells are packaged foodstuff with their own
label, so I see TJ as a nice complement; not a substitution to farmer's
markets, CSA's and local vendors.   They have creative marketing and creative
food, good to fair quality at fair prices, seems like employees are happy,
great costumer service....  I'll take TJ's over any other chain food merchant
any day, specially over Whole Foods that IMHO has turn out to become a
"fashion statement"
Their motto for a while was something like "For the well educated, well
traveled, underpaid, customer"   :-)
Hope it helps.
GRI